One Soldier's study of luck.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Safety

I would like everyone to know that I am alive and well. Updates (and free time, for that matter) come at a considerable premium, but know that I am recording much of life here and will eventually post everything that I have and will see here.

Many people keep telling me to 'be safe' in correspondence of various sorts. While I am deeply and genuinely glad that there are those out there who care enough to worry about me, please refrain from using this phrase. I am without the ability to 'be safe' because simply living anywhere in this whole country is inherently dangerous. My occupation makes it more dangerous, another reason why I wear 40+ pounds of body armor every time I leave the base, and move around in armored vehicles. That being said, I have an elaborate list of those who have sent cards and packages, and I will be sending letters and thank yous to everyone.